Living the Good Life Fest is a gorgeous community festival in the coastal community of Iluka – it will be running on the weekend of September 17 and 18. www.livingthegoodlifefest.com
Living the Good Life Fest is a weekend of celebration, inspiration and information in beautiful Iluka with something for everyone! This year our theme is ‘simple pleasures’; where the best things in life really are free. Surfing, walking, fishing, singing, kite flying, dancing, bicycle riding, cooking, drawing, gardening…there are so many simple, inexpensive and gentle ways to live well and nurture a vibrant community.
Iluka, on the banks of the mighty Clarence River in northern NSW, beside the magnificent Bundjalung National Park, with its world heritage rainforest has been chosen as the site to launch this new festival. Our relaxed, slow paced atmosphere provides the perfect backdrop to celebrate a weekend full of inspiration, information and innovation.
A bicycle parade from nearby Woombah to Iluka will open the festival and a day of fun at the beach featuring renowned local surfers will keep the fun flowing into Sunday. Come along with the kids (bring your bikes!) to enjoy games and activities, information stalls and presentations on renewable energy, permaculture, seed saving and biodiversity. There will also be music and dance performances and workshops alongside a wide range of local food choices all based on the theme of sustainability.
This year's attractions include:
- Bicycle Ride (Woombah start 8am, Woody Head start 9am) to open the festival in Iluka
- Games and Activities (including ‘mullet’ throwing, 'creative space', face painting, surfing lessons, kite-flying, drumming)
- Artists Walk
- Sustainability displays, workshops and information (solar, water, permaculture, the ‘greenhouse’)
- A wide range of stalls (homemade crafts, local produce, candles, kites,
- Healthy/local food and drinks, including famous local Woombah coffee
- Mechanical Surf Board
- ‘Recycled’ fashion parade
- Sustainable Home Design competition (click for more info)
- Live Music and performances